Facilities Condition Assessments provide detailed information on the current state of each existing school and support site in the District. The assessment process begins with a meeting between LPA and representatives from Maintenance and Operations to review each campus from the perspective of each trade. This meeting is followed by individual site visits, where representatives from LPA meet with the Principal and District staff, walk the site and present to the School Site Committee about the overall process prior to soliciting feedback about specific site needs. Site visits provide opportunities for the team to observe and document the functionality and existing condition of each building and the various site components. The resulting assessments help guide the cost estimating process and serve as a record of work completed to-date in addition to identifying specific future needs. While the assessments attempt to be as comprehensive as possible, they do represent a snapshot in time (Spring 2020).
Each Facility Condition Assessment is comprised of:
- Site Data: Includes information about the school site such as address, site size, year constructed, grade levels served, and classroom counts.
- Overview: A brief narrative description of the campus.
- Principal Priorities: Each principal was asked to provide their top three priorities for the school when they completed the Principal Survey in January 2020. These were reviewed during the site visit to confirm accuracy.
- Previously Completed Projects:The Maintenance & Operations focus group meeting, along with follow up meetings, identified projects completed to-date.
- Site Comments:During the site walk and subsequent meeting with the School Site Committee, program needs as well as the functionality of spaces were discussed.
- Condition Assessment: Focus group interviews were held with the District’s various Maintenance and Operation trade groups in January 2020. These interviews identified the condition of various site elements such as hardcourts and playfields, building elements and systems, technology, utilities and infrastructure, and student nutrition services.
- Representative Site Photos: Includes photographs of the campus during LPA’s site observations in February 2020